With the rapid development of technology on many fronts, veterinary medicine has also benefited. Being able to offer an “in-house” laboratory service is now a reality.
At Perth Cat Hospital, we are pleased to be able to offer a extensive range of in-house diagnostics essential to diagnosing and treating your cat. Where most facilities may only be able to offer a simple range of tests in house, we are able to offer the following:
- Full Blood Count analysis using Idexx Procyte, the latest model in cell counter analysers. Important for chemotherapy cases as well as for most routine health profiles.
- Full biochemical testing including kidney, liver, pancreas function.
- Full electrolyte analysis. Important for emergency cases, hospital monitoring of fluid therapy and management of chronic renal disease
- Pre-anaesthetic blood screening
- Wellness screening
- Disease monitoring (kidney disease, thyroid disease)
- Full microscopic cytology analysis
- Feline specific Pancreatic Lipase testing
- Feline Leukaemia virus testing
- Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) testing
- Feline Heartworm testing
- Endocrine and Hormonal testing including cortisol, thyroid and glucose levels.
Most of our blood test results are available within a few hours, compared to one to two days if sent off site. This efficient and vital service is an integral part of our diagnostic process. A quicker and more accurate diagnosis means we can start treating your cat sooner which in turn provides them with a better chance at a complete recovery.
- 20 Nov 2015
- Laboratory, Medicine